Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Carbon Footprints

I know this is kind of late to be posting, but our internet was down at my place...I did the carbon footprints for both my apartment here in Kalamazoo as well as my parent's house in St. Johns, north of Lansing.

My house back in SJ used roughly 870 kilowatt hours of energy a month, plus around 800 gallons of propane per year, although my dad said we usually don't use all of it.  There are 3 cars (mom, dad and brother) that all drive less than 175 miles per month, and all cars get over 20 miles per gallon.  When I calculated the footprint, it came out to "emissions less than average"...the little green guy had a halo and everything.

As for my apartment here in kzoo, there are 3 people, 3 cars (all over 21 mpg) and we use less than 600 kw/hr per year, as well as less than 600 gallons of propane for heat.  The 3 cars log less than 200 miles apeice for a month, and again, our emissions were "Less than Average"! I'm awesome! I'm glad that I don't have much of an impact on the environment, not like I know some people that do.  Now, to brag.

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment