Search This Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2011

To The Rogue

Plans for my little "river-cleanup" project are going swimmingly (hahahah did you see that?! witty.) and this weekend I am going to try and tag along on a trip to the Rogue River near Grand Rapids.  It's a great steelhead river, and actually its the very first river I went fishing for them on with my dad and brother like 10 years ago.  Anyway, it's a crucial river for cleanups because unlike the more remote Northern rivers, it's like 20 minutes from GR and about 45 from Kzoo.  That means a LOT of people are on it, especially the weekends during steelhead season.  Which means alot of trash. I don't plan on fishing, but instead going for a boat ride and pickin' up trash.  I hope there isn't much of it.  This should be the last steelhead trip of the year for the club, as their spawning run is almost over before they head back to the big lake.  Should be fun though, and besides, Trout Season opens up the LAST saturday in april.  That means those of you still hanging around Kzoo this summer that want to get some trouting in with your own "guide" (me) CAN!  How great is that?

And on an unrelated note, THE WINGS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS! And they won Game 1! WOOO!

Go Wings!
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment